Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

To walk in grandma’s shoes...



To walk in grandma’s shoes...



Is to remember the land they trampled, with tired feet and long shirts that swept around what then female was.


It's to feel the passage of time hidden in their old worn souls where tribulations and privation dug heavy holes in the ground



It's to feel the poverty under your naked skin and be nailed hands and feet to your home and hearth and freedom a new pair of shoes


Thank you grandma and all the females of that generation. I’m glad I do not have to walk in your shoes and I am grateful that you walked up the path that we now can go on and follow in the stilettos. As we do not even need to soles, but throw, not because they are worn out but because we're tired of them.



So grandma I can tell you that we have got it better economically .




But are the women of today more happy and free?




I do no think so. We are ”nailed” too but to totally different and often extremely superficial things.. So sometimes I wish that we all for just a day could walk in your shoes. And feel the pain from the stones under our sole and moisture that penetrate through the worn leather. Maybe grandma, that should make us appreciate life better by the new perspective that the ”walk” would give us…




I’m sorry grandma that I didn’t save a pair of your old shoes. That should have been a good reminder to me, my children and the generations to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment