Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Children belong to the “mysterious people”



Children belong to the “mysterious people”



For whom a little dirty stone can turn into a shimmering mountain on whose peak a little princess lives shaped by a piece of a leaf.



She is four years old and she invites me to join that peak which now is a dancing palace for the princess and her prince. - But wait a minute she says I have no prince… She runs around on the land in search of something that she can turn into a prince.



She sees a little currant on the ground with crown and everything needed. That will do… she place it close to the princess on the top of that shimmering mountain and she declare that the dance can begin… I am invited.



I stand there in front of the mountain but do not know how to reach the top. I try to use my grown-up intellect but that doesn’t help me to climb that mountain, because I cannot even see it. I just look at a little stone with a piece of leave and a squashed currant whose red juice has collared half the stone.



- But come on then she says. Don’t you want to join us? Now with a disappointment in her voice. I look at her, and she looks at me. Now she tries to make me enthusiastic by refilling her eyes with expectation.


I move my leg high in a theatrical way and I start to climb. But I know I will never reach this dancing palace on the top of her mountain. Not because I cannot climb but because I cannot ”see”



Her world is created only for the ”mysterious people” I do not belong to them… But every time she invites me she offer me another ”small close thing” to remember and to carefully hide in that special box in my heart marked; loved grandchild ...

No comments:

Post a Comment