Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sing me a Song Daddy...





Sing me a song Daddy...






It was more then -30 degrees Celsius out side,. It was at my parents house in the north of Sweden Outside the kitchen window at the bird feeder, we saw a house sparrow about to freeze to death.



My teenage heart was breaking and I looked at my dad and asked what we could do. We can take it in the basement, he said a bit quiet to me so that my mother should not hear. She thought that such operations were somewhat ridiculous



So I did. I stayed in the basement with my bird and now and then my father secretly asked me , how is he? In the morning the bird was dead…



But for me my father became a hero.. He was known as a real harsh man with a terrible temper. But this little bird story showed me his heart of gold…



My God I loved him for that and at his funeral I told him , for the last time , was this his engagement, in my dying bird, had meant to me… It showed me his true face…I´m forever grateful for that…



A ”small close thing” that meant everything to me.. They say that the house sparrows were the birds that god forgot. Since they have no colours… I see the rainbow in them…I see my father…







Some have their colors on the inside...*smile* we just have to open up a bit ..A house sparrow can serve as a key ...

No comments:

Post a Comment