Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

On reconnaissance for a God


I wrote this manuscript some years ago. I have not tried to publish it. I wrote it mostly to try to sought out my own feelings and thoughts in this topic. Yes as the title says I was on a reconnaissance for God and have been so for my whole life. This “journey account” I now decided to share with you and have therefore tried to translate the first chapter.

On these Networks I see the name of God everywhere even in the most tiny little comment. So you must know him better than I. that’s why you can become the best travelling companions
Who are Your God?
And how did you find Your Answers?
Is there more people like me who have had a hard time with searching for answers while struggling with doubt.?
Is God, in your mind a prerequisite for Peace?

So this is the first chapter in my personal and spiritually journey
Please join me and assist me by telling me your thoughts On Look-out for a God


Introductory
Part 1

He sat in the Sunday school and ”incubated” each week. He was different in character each time, depending on who invoked him . An old and dehydrated Sunday school teachers, full of hatred and bitterness made him look cruel and judgmental. Another uncle who were more satisfied with life, made him a nice and sweet guy. This recent revelation I thought better of.

But who was He? HE … who should come to occupy my thoughts throughout a lifetime and humanity during the millennia. Was he even a man? I only knew as a child that he was called God and that his personal pronouns was ”he” . Sometimes good sometimes convicting. Sometimes wine sometimes water.
The Sunday School God went hand in hand with the God of primary school. We were singing to his glory every day . I tried to invoke him in my childhood. It happened with the help of prayers on the occasions when my mother fell ill in bleeding ulcer. At each time the bleeding were coming back her life was hanging on a more and more fragile thread. My sister and I crawled up, out of fear, behind one of our two armchairs and cried in despair: "God help our mom to survive and get well"! God hear prayer we had learned, and he heard. Mom recovered each time. Was it God or the medicine that helped her? For a Sunday school children, it was easy to believe that it was God. The good God. He who helps the good and conscientious Mom met all of God's requirements. She was for me one of his angels.
I do not know if I thanked him afterwards. Life insisted on attention and demanded to be lived. Far up in school my protestant God and his rules and standards, as they announced in each morning assembly in church, followed me But the reality crept quickly closer now through radio and newspapers, and bared a bloody society in which God was conspicuous by his absence I heard and read about war and violence and children who died of starvation.
Where was He now, the Sunday school almighty God? Why intervened he not? Children surely had no sin to make payments for. In that case it must be the one of God himself stipulated succession sin. Is that why he could let them suffer and starve? If he were so omnipotent, as many authorities tried to get me to think, why did he make people suffer? Yes why had he even created the evil?

My childhood faith started in the early teenage to seriously whittle away at the edge. I asked myself often; Does he exist at all? For in that case, I was convinced he was hardly to be good.
This paradox has not only occupied my thoughts but also many great thinkers, theologians and mystics through the ages. I have in my entire adult life been seeking for a response. I thought it was available in the outside world. There however I did not find it.

But what I got hold of was meaningful questions, assumptions and hypotheses in particular from the east country's philosophy, the new physics, with Jung and his interpreter, the old mystics and thinkers, among the earliest Christians, in Judaism cabbala and also in the Koran. They gave me no answer, but helped me to formulate questions and each direction of faith adds a piece to the other. With the continuous instruction to search in my own internal after my God.
Here, I also had the support of Jesus as in the third Word in the Thomas Gospel says; "... If those who are leading you are saying ;" See the kingdom is in heaven ", which is the sky where the birds were before you. If they say to you:" It is in the sea ", which is where the fish were before you. No. , the kingdom is in your internal and around you. When you come to know yourselves, you shall be known and you will understand that you are the living Father's children. But if you do not know yourselves, you are living in poverty and it is you who are that poverty. "

Why didn`t the New Testament got enriched with this Gospel of Thomas? Why is man so long denied these words of God? The search, is my spiritual journey, this book can be seen as a travel book. I will not be able to provide the answer, I can only help with my questions, which for me have been important building blocks in both my theories and in my speculation. The questions and assumptions have formed the foundation for this speculative journey and are also the basis for this book.

Faith is not knowing, its opposite is science It is in the force field between these poles that I will be travelling. I know as little as you where my journey will take me. I do not know if the final target is equal to the conclusions. Perhaps the search is just a paradox like life itself. Maybe the answer to my question create a new one. And once again it isn’t the goal which is the most important but the way there. One thing I know already that the closer I get myself the more I will know about God and his nature.

To be continued if there are some interest…
---------

On reconnaissance for a God Part 2

In the Beginning

God created , according to the Bible, heaven and earth. Then he had to produce people, so that there should be someone who could worship and believe in him and his creation. One way to confirm itself would be a bit presumptuous to say. One could go even one step further and say that we were to meet God's needs.

The opposite is to see that we the humans needed a God, and therefore created him for our own satisfaction. God would then be a projection of human wishes and needs and thus also a product of our imagination.

With the birth of humans was also the belief in Gods born. Yes, I even believe that spiritual faith preceding man.
This, with a God belief was essential to our first people so they could find a meaning in life and sufferings. We all know that when it is difficult, we try to comfort us that it must be God's will and we can not understand. We will not become wiser of this claim, but it leads us to accept something that is bigger than us and which we can not influence. That what we can not influence, we find easier to accept. Like AA, alcoholics anonymous, who has a prayer that contains the phrase: "God teaches me to accept what I can not change, courage to change what I can, and intellect to understand the difference."

Nobody knows, however, what came first, the chicken or the egg, God or man. Without a God (in a wider sense), it would probably not have been life. Does this mean then, by extension, the existence of God is not dependent on the people? Would thus reject the theory about God as a product of our imagination?

I have of course no answer but can still assume that the confusion may have arisen because that we put in different things in the concept of God. If God is a cosmic force or intelligence, he was of course before all things and events. If God, however, is defined as a personal God which condemns, control, hear our prayers and has a close relationship to each individual, so it requires people to be able to provide this ” power” with the properties that means that he can be defined as just our personal God. Then match the image better that we "created" the God that we needed. A God who was consistent with the different cultures they lived in and responded to the various needs of the people and that at various events in their lives.

I do not think God is a ”he”, but for the sake of simplicity, I will follow our tradition of naming him as something masculine. My question about sex, I will come back to later.

The concept of God housed in the beginning everything. Different God concepts contradicted or excluded each other. This led to the great flexibility we have today among the world's cultures, and without which the concept of God would not have survived and become one of mankind's most important element.

There is no objective God's idea, but it is up to each generation to shape their own God's image. At all times we have witnessed a spiritual dimension which exceeded the human existence. In that way became a transcendent experience, a fact.
All great religions agree that one can not describe this transcendental phenomenon verbal. However, not all consider these experiences as something divine, this applies for example to the Buddhist..

What conclusions we draw as to whether God is real or not, have religions something exciting to tell us about people's aspirations and attitudes through the years.
In recent years, a mythological interpretation more and more started to be felt, which may indicate a desire for more imaginative religious "truths."

However we judge the history of God, "his words" has shaped our cultures.
According to Wilhelm Schmith "Der origin des Gottesidee" The origin of God concept, there was a primitive Monotheism before humans began accessories several Gods.
In prehistoric times this one, the only God, was called, for ”heaven God” because he was associated with just the sky.



Why have humans their Gods? More about that in the next step of this journey…,

No comments:

Post a Comment